Welcome to the Lions Club of Gilles Plains Inc
The above is a photo of our Club Board Members for 2016/2017.
Photo shows:-Malcolm Reynolds, Wayne Howard, Ted Osborn (Treasurer), Nancy Marchant (1st VP), Jane Sommers (Secretary), Peter McKinnon (President), PDG John McIntosh (Inducting Officer), Stewart Garvin, Lance Crook and Ray Norton (Membership Chairman).
Ordinary people doing extraordinary things - supporting people with a disability, community greening, fundraising for worthwhile causes.
Lions Principle Focus: Humanitarian Service, Disaster Relief, Sight and the Encouragement of Youth.
Be a part of the change at Gilles Plains.
The suburb of Gilles Plains is located 11 km north east of the Adelaide GPO.
Gilles Plains is named after the first Colonial Treasurer, Osmond Gilles, a position he held for two years, after which he retired into private life. Osmond Gilles (1788-1866) was born on 24th August 1788 in London. He owned a sheep station adjoining the River Torrens. Early in 1838, this station was the furthest station in the colony from Adelaide.
He invested a large amount of capital in the colony and introduced Saxony and Merino sheep into South Australia.
He died at his home, Woodley, Glen Osmond on 25th September 1866
WHERE DO WE MEET
Business Meetings which are held on the First Tueday of the month are being held at the Windsor Hotel, 470 North East Road, Windsor Gardens, meeting at 7-00pm for 7-30pm start,
Dinner Meetings which are held on the Third Tuesday of the month are being held at the Windsor Hotel, 470 North East Road, Windsor Gardens meeting at 7-00pm for 7-30pm start.
Please study our EVENTS page to see when we meet next.